9/30/05

Two great things...

Ok, I will start off by telling you of the lesser to lead to the greater. The lesser is that after one day of really trying Christian is out of diapers and is VERY proud of it! The first day was a real test. I didn't put him in any diapers yet, he never used the potty. So you can imagine what I did all day long. But the second day (Wednesday) he only had one accident. And today he had one accident. So we are doing very well.

Ok...so as great as that is, the growth that we are seeing in Alison is showing us the reason that we live the life that we live. The responsibility that parents have is so enormous and when you see things in your children, sometimes you realize that you are doing something right. Here are some of the things that she has come up with completely on her own recently.

1) On tuesday she said a prayer that Christian would learn to use the potty. Today at lunch out of the clear blue she said "Christian can use the potty bacause I prayed for it." So Chris asked her what does that say about God and she replied "...that maybe he's real". Her eyes were so big at this realization! Thank God for answering the prayers of our little ones!

2) Chris and Alison were talking about how we can't see God but that he is always with us and she said "...yeah, but I know what Jesus looks like, he has a beard." How funny is that!

3) To show what a deep thinking daughter I have, Chris was explaining how God and Jesus are the same, a couple days later Alison had a question. She asked "If Jesus is God then why did he pray to himself?" I thought this was so smart. Maybe to smart. I pray that God will always give Chris and I the wisdom to guide our beautiful children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »