4/7/06

Those shopping days...

Growing up shopping was always a big event. Even though we went at least once or twice a month, everytime there was sure to be some kind of adventure. Until my grandma passed away when I was 13, it was always Grandma, Mom, Stacey, April and I driving to Colorado Springs and spending the entire day between the two malls! What memories! Well, ever since I have moved to Mexico I have missed those times. Even after I got married us girls always found time to go shopping together. Sometimes being far from family you question if you are truly doing the right thing. Giving up family and all things familar. But then I had a revelation, I have a daughter! This may sound strange to many of you that this was a revelation. But I realized that it's my turn. Mom had fun making memories with her daughters and now it's my turn! So today we are going on our first shopping trip together! I nice man in Camern, Tx sent all the wives $50 to spend in ourselves, so now I can start making those same great memories with my own daughter! It's like, even though, for God, we give things up, we all always being blessed somewhere else. Thank God for our children!

No comments: