9/11/07

Can you remember where you were?

I know that today is the 6th anniversary of 9/11. I'm sure that that is what is on everyone's mind. But 9/11 means something different for me. It wasn't 9-11-01 but 9-11-02. On this day 5 years ago I sat, with my Mom, in the office of a surgeon. He explained to me that the tumor was on my left ovary. It was the size of a grapefruit, which was probably about the same size as my baby. I was five months pregnant when I found out I had to have surgery. I would have the surgery the next day, 9-12-02. The doctors pulled my womb outside of my body in order to get behind him, Christian, and remove the tumor as well as my left ovary. This night was one of the worst nights of my life. I was scared. I was scared that I would lose my baby. But I put the life of myself and my unborn son into Gods hands as he directed and gave the doctors the ability to accomplish this surgery and save the life of myself as well as my sweet boy.

Now Christian is going to school. He is a shy little boy who has to say a prayer every morning to go to school. When I get there in the afternoon to pick him up he is the only kid standing with his backpack on holding his lunch box. The other kids are all playing on the playground. He has a sweet nature. His best friend is his Daddy, but when he crawls into bed, on the rare occasion, it is me he cuddles with. I can tell that God has big plans for him. On this day five years ago God knew that I would be sitting here 5 years later watching my little one color. I pray that Chris and I are raising our children to love God above all else!

2 comments:

Kim W. said...

Super sweet...that made me tear up...but I'll blame it on the pregnancy hormones. :) Aren't little boys so precious? I would LOVE to have a little girl next (last!) but if we ended up having 3 boys, it sure would be neat, too. They just love their momma's so much! Anyway, hope yall are doing great. We think of yall often. Hopefully we can get to see yall again SOMETIME soon! We miss and love yall!

Unknown said...

Jess-
You are such a sweet writer! This was an awesome expression of your love for your children, trust in God, and your vulnerability as a human mom with real emotions!