9/1/07

Watching the work blossom!!!

Thursday night we always go over to Patricia and Martin's house for our weekly small group. This family started coming to church about a year ago. I can't express what a great family they are. They have four children all of whom are wonderful. Martin and Patricia and they oldest daughter Evelyn have all given there lives to God. Chris and I started working with them about 6 months ago and this last Thursday I sat in awe of how they are growing. Martin lead the group in the discussion and I was challenged and amazed by his depth and insight. During that study time Patricia talked about how discouraging it can be when you are door knocking to invite people to small group and they won't even answer the door. Yes, she took it upon herself to go doorknocking in order to grow the small group bible study so that more people can learn about the power of God's word. Wow! I think I was even a little rebuked by her desires!

On another note, Martin and Patricia invited Chris and I out to a movie last night. We left our kids at their house and their daughter Evelyn watched all the kids, she is so brave!! Anyways, we had more fun then we have had in a long time! God is truly blessing us with some good friends!

No comments: