1/5/08

Saying Good-bye

To say our last week in Mexico was hard is a bit of an understatement. We had to say good-bye to many good friends, to a church we had worked so hard for, and to a place we called home for four years. The feelings I am feeling are so hard to explain. I am grateful for the time I had their, for the friendships I have made that I know will last a lifetime. I am sad for people I left behind, for the AIMers I won't be able to continue to minister too, for Patricia, I woman whom I can call a best friend. I am angry at those who we had to leave without getting a goodbye from, because what they thought we should do differed from what was best for our family. I am in awe at the mercy and love God showed us through so many friends. In the end, when times are tough, you find out who your friends are. Thankfully, we have so many friends who helped in our transition out of Mexico. The church, with whom we gave our heart and soul to for so many years, truly blessed us on our way out. They were examples of faith, love and loyalty. We are proud to say that we were able to be amongst them, even for a short time. And to the Rush's, the Henderson's and the Burn's, we can't think you all enough for being their in our time of need. Thank you for listening and talking to us. Your love and encouragement has been felt in bounds. I pray that God will continue to bless you and your ministries the same way He has used you to bless us. We could not have gotten through the difficult process without you guys. And to the Gary's, we pray that God continues to bless your time in Leon. I know as teammates, we weren't always the best, but when it counted we always worked well together! Thanks to everyone who prayed for us and our work in Leon over the years! God has done a good work there and I know that he will continue to do so...


Our small group. and others, got together and had a night of prayer. It was an amazing time!



My good friend Patricia! I will miss her so much!



Our last night we stayed with our good friends Martin and Patricia, these are their daughter's Evelyn and Nadia.



Their son's, Joshua and Leo.


Our car was packed full! We could not have done it without James Henderson!


Our last wave good-bye! We will miss you so much!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jess-
We know this will be a wonderful, but difficult transition for you, your kids, and friends. We will keep you in your prayers as you go through all this the next few months! God bless.

Guy and Nancy said...

Such a sad and sweet blog entry. I am praying for you every step of the way. Love you and my kids so much -Nan