5/3/06

An unwelcomed visitor..

Usually I am happy to welcome guests into our home and on occasion even role out the red carpet. But this is one visitor whom I hope will never return! We found our first scorpion inside our house yesturday. It was just climbing the wall of our upstairs bathroom. Although I understood when we moved here that Leon has the highest concentration of scorpions then anywhere else in the world, but still, I wasn't really expecting to see one IN the house. So we will be getting our house fumigated and will probably start doing that yearly! So here's to no more scorpions inside the house! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amanda said...

hey jessica, (this is april's friend)in laredo, tx we used to get scorpions in the house crawling on the carpet and tarantulas outside on the house brick. it still gives me the willies.
glad you're fumigating!

Jessica L. Johnson said...

Hey Amanda, I totally have the "willies" too. I keep looking through the kids toy boxes and all our shoes! They're just gross!

Amanda said...

one time i left my shoes outside to dry and apparently a tarantula crawled inside it. i ended up throwing the shoes into the washer...needless to say my mom screamed when she reached into the washer and found the DEAD tarantula. at least he was dead.