4/29/07

Called home...

We received the news today that our dear friend and an elder from Sudan Church of Christ has passed away. If anyone has visited Sudan with us you will remember "Pudd" Wiseman. He was a very tall but gentle man. He made Chris and I feel so welcomed when we first started working out at Sudan. He was someone we could always count on. He loved God and served His church for many years. Please say a prayer for his wife, Kay, and his brother, Calvin. They are also people whom we love out at Sudan.

Pudd Wiseman


Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

2 comments:

Su said...

Hey Jess, his funeral was lovely-- I was alternating between laughter and tears and I barely knew him! I thought of you guys that day, but it never occurred to me that you wouldn't have heard. Sorry-- I would have written to tell you sooner.

Jessica L. Johnson said...

I'm diffently jealous you got to go to the funeral, I'm sure whatever they said was true! You could always count him to brighten your day with a joke!